Liebster Blog Award x2

25 Feb 2014

Thanks very much to Ginger, the much loved and respected blogger of Quirks-and-Irks for the second-time-round nomination for the Liebster Blog Award. :)  

 

The rules of this award are: state 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions (asked by the nominator), ask 11 questions and tag 11 other bloggers for the award.

11 random facts about myself:

1). I get ridiculously ecstatic when I manage to talk to a checkout assistant, or a random person I walk by when I'm out... even if it's just a hello, how are you? Being afraid of social situations makes me oddly accomplished when I actually gather the courage to actually put myself in those ordinary situations.    
 
2). I can solve the 3x3 Rubik's cube in under a minute but I really, really want to learn how to solve this: 

 
3). I love green apples, but hate red. 

4). I've decided in the last few years that the most important trait a person can have in this world is patience. Whatever it is that's going to happen, will happen. Nothing you do will change that. Ignoring it's happening, or trying to go against it just makes your life more difficult. You just have to keep going, and let things happen as they do.

5). I have to literally scrub my face and feet before I go to sleep, even if I have just had a shower half and hour before. If I don't, I won't be able to sleep properly. It drives me insane sometimes when I just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep. That said, I could have a really bad habit that was detrimental to my health. At least my habit keeps me clean.
  
6). I keep a stack of notebooks by my bed because I usually get great ideas just as I'm dozing off to sleep. I often annoy my sister with which I share a room with my scribbling in the dark at one in the morning.

7). I can't swim.... let's hope it doesn't flood here anytime soon.

8). Locking myself in a house and just spending the rest of my life improving my knowledge is sounding more and more appealing as the years go by. And with the internet and the modern delivery systems... I probably could get away with it.  

9). To this day I can not understand Fractions, but I love Trigonometry... even though Fractions would be slightly useful in day-to-day life and Trig is utterly useless unless I'm going to some day go into engineering. 
10). I stress out far too much and think about things far more than I probably should.

11). I have the mental profile of a super-villain. An INTJ personality type, and apparently 48% a psychopath. You have been warned...


The 11 questions to answer: 

 1). What song is stuck in your head at the moment?


At this precise moment, The New Periodic Table Song. Really educational, but it just has a way of sticking itself to the weird gooey thing that is my memory.  

2). How many languages can you speak? 

Just English, unfortunately. I do know some German and Arabic but not enough to hold a coherent conversation. It's one of my many goals of the future to become multilingual. 

3). Do you believe in any conspiracy theories or other debatable phenomena?

To some degree... I believe that life exists on other planets, but I don't believe that they are controlling our planet through mind-control or shape-shifting. The universe is too big, and us so insignificant in regards to all the other wonders of the world/s around us for there not to be other life out there. Whether we'll one day meet these other lifeforms is another situation entirely.    

4). What would you study/train to become if college was free and you could be guaranteed an ideal job afterwards?

Oh... everything. But I suppose I better narrow it down to a few examples (don't make me choose one, I beg of you; it's impossible.). I'd really like to study anthropology, archaeology or psychology, maybe expand more on my current humanities degree by going into sociology or human rights. I'm also really interested in gaming/website design and coding. I think game design would be an amazing job.    

5). Which job would you be least suited to?

Something to do with heavy manual labour. I'm not very strong, and my strength is definitely with my mind over my body. So... mining or something. 
  
6). Which places in your own country would you love to go, but just haven't gotten around to?

The Blue Mountains in New South Wales and the island of Tasmania. They just have this raw beauty that I can't get over. And of course there's the snow... I want to see snow at least once in my life.   

7). If you had to move to a different time period permanently, which one would you choose?

This is actually a pretty hard question as I can't really think of any time in history where I wouldn't be in danger of being maimed, or infected with a dreadful disease, or killed... or something equally as awful. Probably somewhere in the south-east Mediterranean/West Middle East in the 8th/9th century. This golden age was the start of a lot of modern technologies and cultures and I think it would be pretty amazing to live in those times.

8). What if you only had to go there for one week?

I've always had a love for Japanese culture and history so I suppose I would like to visit Japan during the Tokugawa period, somewhere between the 17th and 18th century. 

9). A surprisingly topical debate: do you pour the milk or the cereal first?

Cereal, every time. Pouring the milk first is just wrong.   

10). If you had to participate in a gameshow, which one would you pick?

Mmm.... the only gameshow I really watch and enjoy is QI so I suppose that one.

11). What are the worst first names a person could possibly be given?

Probably something like Calamity, Mediocre or Failure. And yes... these have all been names given to children at some point or other. Makes me wonder what the parents were thinking.  

The 11 question my nominees have to answer:

1). In a chess game, do you prefer to play as white or black?
2). What is a habit you have that annoys the daylights out of you, but you wouldn't want to give up?
3). What's something you would never, ever do?
4). What's your favourite computer/board game and why?
5). When eating a jelly-baby or chocolate figure... do you eat the head or the legs first, and why?
6). If you had to transport yourself into any book/movie which you would live in indefinitely, which book/movie would it be? 
7). What if it was just for a day?
8). If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? 
9). Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
10). Have you ever cried at a movie or because of a book? If so, what was it?
11). Batman or Superman?

 My nominees:

BohoBookLover
Calisha
Fatima Hayat
Ghazala 
Hannah 
Izdiher 
Muzlimah09 
Nabilah  
Shahidah
The Lone Dudette  
Youngjoo 

Wow... I actually had 11 people to nominate this time... 




2 comments:

midn said...

Montre Rolex Suisse Pas Cher, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Montre cartier Suisse Pas Cher, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

midn said...

cheap mcqueen shoes, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap mcqueen tread slick chelsea boot, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

Post a Comment